- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- Sweet Citrus Dressing:
- 3 tbsp agave or honey
- 2-4 drops lemon/lime essential oil
- (add 1 drop peppermint essential oil for a fun variation)
- 1 cups blueberries
- 1 cups chopped blackberries
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cups chopped pineapple chunks
- (use whatever fruit you’d like in whatever proportions you’d like)
Prepare the quinoa by rinsing under cold water and then adding it with the water and salt to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes.
Turn heat to low and simmer for around 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
To make the dressing, mix the agave with the drops of essential oil and pour over the quinoa.
Add fruit to the quinoa mixture. Stir well to mix. Serve chilled or at room temperature.