- 4 thick cut, boneless pork chops
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup gluten free stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup tomato juice (like V8)
- 1/4 cup chili sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 drop doTERRA Basil Essential Oil
- 1 drop doTERRA Thyme Essential Oil
- 1/2 gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons non-dairy butter
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup non-dairy cream
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy butter
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
In small bowl, combine tomato juice, chili sauce, mustard, and essential oils. Add 1/2 cup stuffing cubes and mix. Set aside.
Grind remaining 1/2 cup stuffing cubes. (I used a coffee grinder.) Add bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Fill each pork chop with 1/4 of the stuffing cubes that have been soaked in tomato juice. Close tightly. Secure with toothpick if necessary. Dredge pork chops in stuffing/bread crumb mixture.
Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and brown, about 5 minutes per side. Add onion and garlic. Cook 1 minute longer. Place in preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and remove pork chops to plates. Add vinegar, butter, and cream to pan and cook over medium-low heat until just starting to bubble. Add basil if desired. Pour sauce over pork chops.
Optional - I added some apples to this and it turned out great. They weren't cooking apples though, so they ended up being very mushy, which went great with the sauce.
Try serving with Lemon Broccoli. Mix 1 drop doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil into 2 tablespoons butter. Steam your broccoli, and top with butter. Really good.