1 butternut squash
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
Kosher salt, to taste
1 tablespoon maple syrup
4 pita breads (6 inch)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
Juice from 1 lime, divided
1–2 drops Lime oil
¼ cup Greek yogurt
2 avocados, sliced
- Split butternut quash vertically and remove seeds.
- Chopped cilantro and toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Brush butternut squash halves with olive oil and place flesh side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Set aside to let cool slightly, then mash in a bowl with cumin, chili powder, maple syrup, and salt.
- Toss black beans with the juice of half a lime, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk yogurt with other half of lime juice, Lime oil, and a pinch of salt. Add a little water if needed, until it’s a consistency that can be drizzled.
- Spread butternut squash mixture onto pitas and top with black beans and avocado slices. Drizzle with yogurt mixture and garnish with cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
Click HERE for the recipe card.