1 quiche crust, homemade or pre-made
1 small or medium zucchini, cut into ¼ inch rounds
1 small or medium yellow crookneck squash, cut into ¼ inch rounds
1 cup steamed broccoli florets
1 cup steamed cauliflower florets
1–2 tablespoons butter
2-ounces feta cheese
1–2 Roma tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch half moons
6 large eggs
½ pint whipping cream
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ to ½ teaspoon hot sauce
1–2 drops Thyme oil
1 drop Rosemary oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Precook and prepare crust in a quiche/ tart pan
- Bake crust until golden brown and let cool completely.
- While crust is baking, cut vegetables and cook for about five minutes.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and add all precooked vegetables, coat with butter, remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and essential oils in bowl.
- Add vegetable mixture to crust.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into quiche over buttered and cooled vegetables. Arrange tomato slices over top of quiche.
- Bake at 350° F for 40–70 minutes until egg mixture is golden in color and set in the middle.
- Transfer quiche to cooling rack for 15 minutes and enjoy.