Essential oil of choice
- Cut out two 4 inch x 4 inch squares for every hand warmer desired.
- Sew right sides of fabric together, leaving a few inches open on one side.
- Turn fabric right side out.
- In a medium bowl mix flax seed with essential oil. Use three to five drops of oil for every cup of grain (this results in a pretty strongly scented hand warmer.) Mix and allow to sit for 5–10 minutes.
- Use the grain to fill the hand warmers about ¾ full and then stitch closed.
- Heat hand warmers 25–30 seconds in the microwave, allow to sit for about 30 seconds and then place in pockets to warm your hands.