Click Here for pdf or Audible booklet.
With so many benefits, it’s no surprise that plants have been used since ancient times to help humans perform everyday tasks. Check out the doTERRA e-Book about essential oils for beginners to help you get started.
Click Here for pdf or Audible booklet.
Did you receive Citrus Twist, the product of the month? Learn more about Citrus Twist in this special episode of the doTERRA podcast. Get insider information on the blend that is sure to become one of your all-time favorites!
Click HERE to listen now.
What a great idea! An eBook for all those BOGO's we got last week.
This is a great reference guide for using you new oils. It has links to the DIY videos and labels to print on the last page.
We are in unprecedented times. With all of these restrictions to leave our homes and the fear of this pandemic, our emotions are being hit really hard. Essential oils with uplifting and balancing properties can gently support and lift our spirits.
Begin by choosing essential oils with the desired properties and spend some time inhaling the healing scent from the bottle. The oils that resonate with us will be the ones to use, they will smell ‘divine’ and ‘delicious’. Now we can choose how to apply the essential oils in a way that will be simple, fit into our lifestyle and will allow us some restorative down time.
Essential oil recommendations
For irritability and anger:
For restlessness and anxiety:
For stress and emotional burn out:
Studies have shown that the effectiveness of an essential oil is increased if the person liked the aroma. During times of difficult emotions, you may choose to use your favorite essential oil to support you.
Download the Emotional Benefits of Essential Oils Booklet.
7 Ways to Use Wild Orange Oil
Have you ever tried Wild Orange oil? What about any of the other citrus essential oils like Lemon, Lime, or Grapefruit? One of the best things about citrus oils is that they have a wide variety of uses. Within a single bottle of Wild Orange essential oil, there are dozens of possibilities. For instance, you can use Wild Orange essential oil for household cleaning, to add flavor when cooking, to create an uplifting environment—the list goes on.
So, what is Wild Orange used for? Keep reading to learn about the best uses for this versatile essential oil.
1. Use Wild Orange oil to freshen the air. Need to freshen up the kitchen? Want to bring a bright, refreshing aroma into your bedroom? Diffusing Wild Orange oil not only makes the air smell lovely, but it can help to purify the air as well. Anytime you want to dispel unwanted odors, you can diffuse Wild Orange oil to clear the air and replace unpleasant smells with the citrus aroma of fresh oranges.
2. Add Wild Orange oil to a glass of water for a flavorful drink and internal benefits.* Easily take advantage of the benefits of Wild Orange oil by taking it internally. Simply add a drop to a glass of water to help support digestion, cleanse the body, and provide the body with antioxidants.* Even a single drop of Wild Orange oil will give plain water a delicious burst of flavor, while also providing your body with the wonderful internal benefits of Wild Orange essential oil.
3. Use Wild Orange oil to cleanse and purify surfaces around the home. Like many citrus essential oils, Wild Orange has a high concentration of limonene, which makes it effective for household cleaning. Use Wild Orange oil to wipe down surfaces or get rid of sticky residue. For an easy homemade cleanser, simply place 10–15 drops of Wild Orange oil in a four-ounce spray bottle, filled with water, and spritz over surfaces around your home.
4. Diffuse Wild Orange oil to create an uplifting atmosphere. For those days when you feel like you’re stuck in a rut, you can instantly create an uplifting atmosphere with Wild Orange oil. Diffuse Wild Orange in the kitchen while the kids do homework, in the bathroom while you get ready for the day, or in the car while you do your daily errands. By creating an uplifting, cheery environment, you’ll be ready to handle anything that comes your way.
5. Use Wild Orange oil when cooking to add flavor to beverages or baked goods. Are you a fan of orange-flavored drinks or treats? By adding just one drop (or less) of Wild Orange oil to smoothies, teas, or homemade slushies and popsicles, you can enjoy a tasty, flavorful treat in no time. Many people have also found that adding Wild Orange oil to baked goods like breads, muffins, cookies, and cakes is a great way to add a kick of flavor.
6. Use Wild Orange when you’re dragging in the afternoon. If you seem to feel bored, tired, or sluggish during the afternoons, you might just need to energize your space. Create an invigorating, energizing atmosphere by diffusing Wild Orange oil at your work desk or your home office.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This week I'd like to highlight the three main ways to use essential oils.
Because of the purity of dōTERRA Essential oils, you can use them aromatically, topically, or internally. When using essential oils, pay attention to the labeling on the product because some oils have usage restrictions.
Enjoy an essential oil aromatically by diffusing it through an essential oil diffuser, applying a drop to your hands and inhaling, or wearing it as a personal fragrance.
You can benefit from topical use by using essential oils to give a back massage, applying it to a targeted area and rubbing it in, or by adding a drop or two to lotions or moisturizers.
The last way to use essential oils is by ingesting them or taking them internally. Add a drop to a glass of water, under your tongue or in a veggie capsule and the oil will move throughout your body.
Read about our Essential oil Safety Guidelines here.
Have you been running around trying to get Christmas taken care of for your loved ones? Try treating yourself to this do-it-yourself Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion and show your feet how much you appreciate them. This is a simple and light lotion that includes natural ingredients like Peppermint oil and Tea Tree (Melaleuca) oil. Whipped Foot Lotion with Peppermint oil will not only leave your feet smelling fresh, it will transform your sandpaper heels into a silky dream.
Need to stay alert? Try Peppermint oil! If you or someone you know has trouble staying awake during the day and would like a natural method to feel alert, Peppermint oil used topically or aromatically can help. Because of the invigorating and cooling effects that pure Peppermint oil produces when it comes in contact with skin, Peppermint is an ideal oil for staying attentive and aware. In order to create this extra boost, place 1–2 drops of Peppermint oil on your fingertips and then rub your temples. The invigorating aroma of Peppermint oil will help give you the natural sense of alertness you desire when you need it most.
Learn about the Primary Benefits of dōTERRA Peppermint oil here.
Here is some great information about using essential oils on children. There are a few extra safety tips you need to know. If you are using your oils on kids, make sure you give this a look.
People often ask, “What are the benefits of Eucalyptus oil?” If you haven’t experienced the tranquil yet refreshing aroma of Eucalyptus, you’ll love what this cleansing, relaxing, and soothing essential oil can do for you.
Need more reasons to use Eucalyptus oil? Keep reading to learn more about this unique oil and why you definitely want to add it to your collection.
Reason 1: Eucalyptus oil promotes relaxation
If you’ve had a long day, full of worry and stressful feelings, Eucalyptus oil is the perfect oil for you. Diffusing Eucalyptus oil can help create a tranquil atmosphere in your home, while also decreasing feelings of tension and promoting relaxation. Eucalyptus oil is frequently used at spas due to its relaxing aroma and properties. No matter what the day throws at you, Eucalyptus oil helps transport you to a calmer, more relaxed state of being.
Reason 2: Eucalyptus oil promotes feelings of clear breathing
Because it contains the chemical component eucalyptol, Eucalyptus oil is useful for creating a cooling vapor when applied to the skin or inhaled. When the seasons change, you can rub a few drops of Eucalyptus on your chest to promote feelings of open airways. You can also diffuse Eucalyptus oil when you want to promote feelings of clear breathing.
Reason 3: Eucalyptus oil can be used as a cleansing agent
When you’re looking for a quick yet powerful way to clean up around the house, Eucalyptus oil is optimal for cleansing surfaces. Combine Eucalyptus with Lemon and Peppermint oil in a spray bottle, and then use the mixture to wipe down surfaces in your kitchen, bathroom, or other common areas of your home. Not only will the essential oil mixture give you peace of mind concerning the nontoxic cleanliness of your home, but you’ll love the wonderful aroma that lingers after you finish.
Reason 4: Eucalyptus oil can be used in a soothing massage
Not only are the cooling properties of Eucalyptus incredibly useful for promoting feelings of clear breathing, but they also make this oil great for massage. When you want to ease sore muscles, consider combining a few drops of Eucalyptus with a carrier oil like Fractionated Coconut Oil or an unscented lotion. Gently rub the combination on the problem area and enjoy the cooling, soothing effects of Eucalyptus oil. Not only will this massage feel amazing, but the aroma of Eucalyptus will help to clear the mind and calm feelings of tension and stress.
Reason 5: Eucalyptus oil can help clean and revitalize the skin
With Eucalyptus oil’s powerful cleansing and purifying properties, it’s beneficial for the skin. If your skin feels oily, consider adding a few drops of Eucalyptus to your daily moisturizer or toner to experience the oil’s skin-revitalizing benefits. If you apply a Eucalyptus-infused moisturizer or toner in the morning, you’ll have the added benefit of carrying the uplifting, vitalizing aroma of Eucalyptus with you throughout your day.
Reason 6: Eucalyptus oil can provide support during menstruation
Due to its soothing, calming nature, Eucalyptus is frequently used to provide support during menstruation. Simply massaging Eucalyptus oil into the lower abdomen daily during menstruation can provide the help you need during this time of month.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to use Eucalyptus oil for a better day. To learn more about Eucalyptus oil, click here:
The seasonal changes have begun! The days are getting shorter, the air is crisp, and pumpkin flavored drinks are back. A sweet and spicy essential oil that pairs well with the fall season is dōTERRA’s Cinnamon Bark oil.
An unknown fact about Cinnamon Bark essential oil is that it is extracted from the bark of a tropical tree. This essential oil has many beneficial components, it can maintain a healthy immune function, it is naturally cleansing, when diffused it can protect against outdoor threats, and is a perfect ingredient in any recipe to enhance flavor. dōTERRA’s Cinnamon Bark oil is frequently diffused in my home to bring a natural warmth to air in the cooler months.
Learn about all of the uses for dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark oil here.
From the Author
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.