Click HERE to get your downloadable pdf of great recipes.
The Cuisine Blends Cooking Collection is now available.
Click HERE to get your downloadable pdf of great recipes.
An important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle is learning how to recognize and manage different emotions. One emotion that often goes overlooked is stress. Stress occurs when you feel pressure or tension in response to a challenging situation. Stress often causes mental and emotional strain, and it can even have negative effects on your physical well-being if you don’t address it.
How to Manage Stress
There are a variety of methods available to you that can help manage stress in your life. Many of them are easy and can be done without others noticing. Some options include breathing exercises or evaluating all your activities and responsibilities. It’s important to check in with yourself and make sure you’re not being overloaded with more than time will allow. Write out your weekly tasks, and do your best to schedule down time to spend alone or with those you love.
Quick Tips for Stress Management:
Understanding the diverse challenges you face each day, doTERRA developed a blend to help bring a sense of calm and reassurance when you need it most. A beautiful mix of sweet and minty scents, doTERRA Peace® Reassuring Blend delivers a calming, peaceful aroma. Lavender, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, and more come together to create a chemical profile rich in monoterpene esters and alcohols for a soothing experience.
For more tips on stress management listen to the Essential Oil Solutions with doTERRA podcast HERE.
Since using doTERRA Essential Oils, I have replaced so many toxins and chemicals in my home. Look at all the things I haven't bought since.
Feeling behind on your spring cleaning? Check out this podcast episode to see how you can use essential oils for easy, non-toxic spring cleaning this year.
Looking for a fun way to teach your kids about essential oils? Download this Science for Kids workbook, complete with coloring pages, questions, and activities to help them learn and keep them busy.
Have you been running around trying to get Christmas taken care of for your loved ones? Try treating yourself to this do-it-yourself Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion and show your feet how much you appreciate them. This is a simple and light lotion that includes natural ingredients like Peppermint oil and Tea Tree (Melaleuca) oil. Whipped Foot Lotion with Peppermint oil will not only leave your feet smelling fresh, it will transform your sandpaper heels into a silky dream.
Need to stay alert? Try Peppermint oil! If you or someone you know has trouble staying awake during the day and would like a natural method to feel alert, Peppermint oil used topically or aromatically can help. Because of the invigorating and cooling effects that pure Peppermint oil produces when it comes in contact with skin, Peppermint is an ideal oil for staying attentive and aware. In order to create this extra boost, place 1–2 drops of Peppermint oil on your fingertips and then rub your temples. The invigorating aroma of Peppermint oil will help give you the natural sense of alertness you desire when you need it most.
Learn about the Primary Benefits of dōTERRA Peppermint oil here.
Whether you’re preparing for a holiday party or enjoying a cozy night in bed, this Winter Wassail recipe will fill your home with the lovely scents of Clove, Cinnamon, Lemon, and Wild Orange. Not only will this concoction produce an inviting aroma, but it’s also the perfect way to warm up.
I have so many tips and uses for essential oils, but in this post I wanted to share a list of Hints and Tips that I have been collecting throughout the years.
Yes, many of our everyday cleaning, spa and health needs can include essential oils. They are always my first go to. But some of these are just great ideas that I've always wanted to share. Let me know if you have some to add.
1. Take one capful and hold in your mouth for 3 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter. Same technique works for lessening toothaches.
2. Soak toothbrushes to keep them free of germs.
3. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Do not swallow.)
4. Kill germs on counters & table tops.
5. Kill bacteria on wooden cutting boards.
6. Spray 50/50 solution of peroxide and water…
8. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
9. Add a cup instead of bleach to whiten whites. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
10. Mix 1 tsp. with some cream of tartar or a toothpaste that doesn't contain gel. Apply to stains. Use clean cloth to rub in, then rinse.
11. Remove pesticides from fruits and veggies. Pour ¼ cup into a sink of cold water. Place fruits and veggies in the solution and wash them off well. Rinse each piece off with tap water and dry.
12. Generously dab straight hydrogen peroxide onto skin acne two or three time a day.
13. Tilt your head and use an eye dropper to put three or four drops into an ear that has the waxy build up. Let it set for several minutes. Then let hot shower water run into ear for 1 minute.
14. Mix up 1 ounce into a cup of water and spray your houseplants. It will help your houseplants grow greener and lusher.
15. Use in Foot Bath for athlete’s foot.
16. Use as spray-on Deodorant.
17. Use on insect bites.
18. Routine hand-washing.
19. Spoon at least 2 oz. into the detergent compartment of your dishwasher along with your regular detergent. Run your dishwasher as usual to clean and disinfect your dishes.
20. Soak cuts for 5-10 minutes several times a day. Discontinue when healing begins.
21. Clean mirrors & windows.
22. Dampen cotton ball & run along keyboard of your computer to disinfect and clean keys.
23. Put two capfuls into a douche to prevent yeast infections. Some people use vinegar for this, but vinegar is toxic for Blood Type O people.
24. Keep pets healthy by adding 1 ounce per quart of non-chlorinated water.
Are you wondering how you can use Rosemary oil? While some think Rosemary is only useful for cooking, this herbal, energizing oil has uses that extend far beyond the kitchen. Keep reading to learn five easy ways to use Rosemary essential oil.
1. Use Rosemary oil for hair. If your hair is feeling lackluster, give it some shine with a little help from Rosemary oil. Known to promote a healthy-looking scalp and an abundant-looking head of hair, Rosemary oil might be what’s missing from your current hair care routine.
So, how do you use Rosemary oil for hair? Consider adding a drop of Rosemary oil to your favorite everyday hair products to promote hair that looks full and shiny. Need more ideas? Try making this Scalp Buildup Cleanser with Rosemary essential oil to refresh the scalp without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
Scalp Buildup Cleanser
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
8 tablespoons water
8 drops Rosemary oil
6 drops Lemon oil
4 drops Grapefruit oil
Combine all ingredients in a small glass bowl and stir. Comb the mix through dry hair. The acids in the mix help to remove oil, dirt, or sulfate buildup naturally. Allow the mix to sit on your hair for about 20 minutes, then rinse the hair in the shower and continue with your normal shampoo and conditioner routine.
2. Cook with Rosemary oil. Because it has such a rich, herbal flavor, people often use dry rosemary and rosemary seasoning when cooking meat, stuffing, baked goods, and so on. Rosemary oil can easily be substituted for dry rosemary to give any recipe a punch of refreshing herbal flavor.
Ready to cook with Rosemary oil? Start with this easy Herb Bread recipe!
Herb Bread with Rosemary Oil
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
1 cup butter, melted
2 drops Rosemary oil
Dried thyme herbs
Preheat the oven to 450 °F and grease a baking sheet. Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, milk, melted butter, dried herbs, and Rosemary essential oil to create the dough. Knead the dough until smooth. Roll out the dough and cut it into six-inch triangles. Brush with melted butter. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy with an Italian dish, use as a snack or appetizer on game night, or simply enjoy it as a side dish!
3. Diffuse Rosemary oil for an energizing midday pick-me-up. Looking for a super simple way to enjoy the benefits of Rosemary oil? Simply place a few drops of this herbaceous, energizing oil into your essential oil diffuser any time you could use a break from the craziness of everyday life. When you put a few drops of Rosemary in your diffuser, you can immediately revitalize the atmosphere of your kitchen, living room, desk, office, or bedroom.
If you want to add some variety to your diffusing experience, combine Rosemary oil with Wild Orange or Lemon oil in your diffuser to create an uplifting atmosphere.
4. Use Rosemary oil to refresh and rejuvenate. Whether you’re at the end of a long workday, needing to feel refreshed in the afternoon, or just wanting to create a more desirable environment at home, Rosemary oil can help. Use Rosemary oil to refresh and rejuvenate by adding a few drops to a warm bath, along with a soothing essential oil like Frankincense. The warm, essential oil–infused water will leave you feeling calm and rejuvenated.
Want another way to take advantage of the rejuvenating benefits of Rosemary? Use it in a massage. Combine Rosemary oil with a carrier oil and massage the neck, shoulders, and back, or legs and feet. If you want an especially soothing massage, blend Rosemary oil with Wintergreen oil to help cool and refresh the skin. To reduce stress, combine Rosemary oil with Lavender oil and massage into the skin for a relaxed, refreshed feeling.*
5. Take Rosemary oil for internal benefits.* Not only is Rosemary oil useful for cooking due to its potent, delicious flavor, but many people add Rosemary oil to their food to take advantage of the internal benefits of this oil. Whether you incorporate Rosemary oil into your favorite recipes or simply add the oil to a glass of water or a Veggie Cap, there are plenty of reasons to take Rosemary oil internally.
For example, did you know that Rosemary oil may help reduce nervous tension and fatigue when taken internally? Using Rosemary internally can also help support healthy digestion and internal organ function.*
Want to learn more about how to use Rosemary oil, the benefits of Rosemary oil, and where Rosemary oil comes from? Click Here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The heat has been at an all-time high in many areas this summer. It can cause a lot of damage and breakage to hair. The method I have been using to shield my hair from the heat is dōTERRA’s DIY Heat Protectant Spray. While it keeps my hair safe from the heat, it also leaves it smelling delightful all day.
Benefit from the natural properties of essential oils by incorporating them into your hair care routine. dōTERRA offers many DIYs for your hair. These recipes are moisturizing, detangling, repairing, cleansing, and wonderfully scented. They hold your hair in place, offer texture, and are protecting. If you are looking for natural alternatives to your hair products, essential oils are the perfect option.
For the full list of essential oil hair DIYs read here.https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-roundup-essential-oils-for-hair
From the Author
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.