3–4 large cucumbers or 1 ½ English cucumbers
3 large cloves garlic, grated or minced
Salt and pepper to taste
24–32 ounces sour cream
1 slice green bell pepper, julienned and minced
1 or 2 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
3 drops Dill essential oil
1 sprig fresh dill, minced
- Peel the cucumbers. Slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out most of the seeds (not all, as the seeds flavor the dip). Cut the cucumbers in half again, then thinly slice them. Transfer all of the cucumbers to a large mixing bowl and generously salt them.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes. Working in handfuls, take the cucumbers and squeeze out the liquid.
- Transfer the squeezed cucumbers to a new, dry bowl. Add the garlic, green pepper, vinegar, and black pepper to taste. Stir.
- Mix in sour cream, adding in increments until desired consistency is reached. Mix in 3 drops of Dill essential oil and the fresh minced dill.
- Chill for 2–3 hours so the flavors can further develop.