For a compress, combine 3 drops of Lavender with 2 drops each of Rosemary essential oil and Geranium essential oil in a large bowl. Fill with cool water. Moisten a clean cloth and gently apply onto the bruised area for several minutes.
Try using this oil immediately after an injury to minimize appearance. There are certain astringent and anti-inflammatory properties in this oil that can stop blood from welling up. Also relieves minor pain.
Stimulates the production of healthy, new tissue. Can also increase circulation. Be aware that it may result in additional inflammation at first, but the elimination will occur much faster. Make sure you apply with a carrier oil, as this is a very potent concentration.
Can be used to reduce pain and swelling to allow for faster healing. Mix with a carrier oil and repeat 2-3 times per day until the bruise disappears.
Full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, this is a key ingredient for bruising. Scientific evidence notes that several bio-active compounds may be responsible for the main benefits of rosemary essential oil, which include natural pain relief and anti-swelling activity. Use with a carrier oil and apply topically, or use in a warm bath and soak. Here are 2 suggestions for a blend to use.
- Combine 3 drops of rosemary essential oil with 1 drop each of lavender, eucalyptus, and peppermint essential oil with 20 drops of carrier oil. Gently apply the mixture to the affected area.
- Mix 4 drops of rosemary essential oil with 2 drops of lime and 2 drops marjoram in 10 drops of carrier oil.
To stimulate blood in vessels back to the original area to start the healing process, topical application should be done with minimal pressure on the skin. To make application easier, add 5 drops of helichrysum essential oil to 10 drops of carrier oil. The blended oil can be applied to the bruised area twice a day..
Can block the pooling and collection of blood by stimulating circulation. Immediately after an injury, apply a couple drops with a carrier oil. Can help soothe pain and reduce formation.
Contains antioxidant and stimulant compounds for reducing appearance of bruises. Good for bruising that covers a larger area. It can be applied directly after an injury or during the recovery process. Use directly with or without a carrier oil, but only a drop or 2, up to 3 times a day.
- Coconut Oil - Easily available to help dilute the potent properties of essential oils.
- Arnica - Mix equal parts of Arnica oil, Lavender, and Melaleuca onto the site of the bruise and let those three powerful oils get to work on reducing pain and improving the appearance of the bruised skin.
- Aloe Vera - Known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It can be effective in limiting the appearance of bruises and soothing the pain of the initial injury. The cooling nature of the aloe very can also lower swelling and provide numbness to the area of impact.
- Jojoba Oil - Because of its strong antibacterial and antifungal properties, you can use jojoba oil on cuts and bruises as well. It also calms down redness and helps the skin heal faster.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.